This Competition has now ended. A massive congratulations to John Flood! John will play the course with three other players of his choice on the 1st December. Have a great day.
Competition open to Play Golf Anywhere members only. Sign Up FREE www.playgolfanywhere.com
Win a day out playing Golf at the home of professionals Ian Poulter and Charlie Hull at Woburn Golf Club for 4 people in November 2017.
4 x Coffee & Bacon Rolls on Arrival
4 x Tee Off on The Dukes Course
4 x One Course Lunch
4 x Tee off on the Marquess Course
HOW TO ENTER
1) Be A Member on PlayGolfAnywhere.Com
2) Like Our FaceBook Page www.facebook.com/playgolfanywhere
Winner to be announced 1st November 2017
WOBURN GOLF CLUB T&C’S AND ETIQUETTE (Click here to see more)
- All players will be 18 or over to play Woburn golf club.
- Winners for both adults and juniors will be based within the United Kingdom
- We will be issuing a prize also for junior winners. This Will be a 4 ball round of golf at Redbourn Golf Club and five golf lessons.
HANDICAP REQUIREMENTSAll players must be members of a golf club. The maximum handicap limit is 24 for men and 36 for ladies. Handicap certificates should be available for presentation if requested.
Within the Reception, Professional Shop, Bloomsbury Room, Masters Bar, Lounge, Terrace and the Poulter Room (all the deep red carpeted areas) the following are permitted:
• Smart, coloured jeans (no denim)
• Shorts, provided they are tailored
• Golf, leisure, deck (no socks needed) and sandal style footwear (no open-toed footwear for men)
Within the Russell Bar, Boardroom and Study and Function Rooms (all the diamond shaped carpeted areas). Before 6pm, the following are permitted:
• Smart, coloured jeans (no denim)
• Shorts, provided they are tailored and always with ankle length or long socks
• Leisure, deck and sandal style footwear (but no open-toed footwear for men), unless function details specify otherwise
After 6pm, the following are required:
• A jacket and collar shirt for men and appropriate dress for ladies after 6pm, unless function details specify otherwise
On the golf courses and putting greens the following are permitted:
• Shorts, provided they are tailored and worn with ankle length or long socks
• Golf shoes with socks
• Golf shirts should always have a collar
Blue denim jeans/denim shorts and untucked shirts on men are not allowed. No trainers, t-shirts, hats or flip flops within the clubhouse. The management team has discretion within these rules where a visitor is dropping someone off at the clubhouse. No mobile phones on the courses, except in an emergency.
MOBILE PHONES, MESSAGE DEVICES AND LAPTOPS
• All devices must be on silent in all areas at all times
• Mobiles may be used for messages but no voice use
• Laptops and other computers may be operated in the Masters Lounge, Poulter Room, Boardroom and Study areas only
Phone calls may be made within the locker rooms, car park and warm up area.
PACE OF PLAY (AND HOW TO SPEED UP)
A good pace of play is an important element in having a good experience at the golf course. It’s often a combination of little things not done that contribute to slow play and on-course traffic jams.
Here are some tips for making sure your pace of play is as brisk as it should be.
• Pace of play isn’t about rushing your shots, it’s about being ready to take your shot when it’s your turn, and behaving efficiently on the golf course.
• Remember – arrive at your starting tee at least 10 minutes before your allotted tee time.
• Listen to the Course Marshals and act on the important information they give you to assist your round of golf.
• Numerous practice swings, lengthy delays lining-up putts and the pacing out of distances prior to club selection are not sensible practices for average golfers.
• Leave your bags or golf buggies to the side of the green, and in the direction of the next tee, never in front of the green.
• Be aware of golfers both in front and behind you, speed up when required and don’t hinder other golfers playing quicker than you.
• Be prepared and be ready to play!
Assistance dogs are welcome at Woburn Golf Club, both on the courses and at the clubhouse. Non-assistance dogs are allowed on the courses and in the bag drop area of the clubhouse, but must be kept on a lead at all times. Dogs may not be taken on the courses when competing in club competitions and matches.